The New Thing: Sleek Blush x 3 Palette in Pink Lemonade

So I'm not a blush girl. Sure, it's an essential step to make sure your face couldn't have come straight from a store mannequin or a cadaver (I think you get the jist), but I don't have a vast collection of different shades. I'm a pretty universal, not-too-in-your-face pink kind of girl.

Sleek Blush x 3 Palette in 'Pink Lemonade' - £9.99, Superdrug

I've also never tried a Sleek blush (*gasp*), but they are one of my favourite drugstore brands. So, when I mooched into Superdrug the other day (and by 'day' I mean last month), I threw caution to the wind and chucked this little gem into my basket.

L-R: icing sugar, macaroon, pink mint

Let me tell you, it's one of the most beautiful things I own. The low-down is pretty simple - three blushes: two powders and one cream. In this palette, both powders have gentle gold shimmer running through them so they kind of act as a two-in-one blush/highlighter hybrid. Pretty snazzy. The far left shade, icing sugar, is a light pink whereas the far right, pink mint, borders on more of the dark browny-peachy-pink end of the spectrum. It would definitely be neutral everyday blush if it weren't for the tremendous amount of shimmer. Gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but you'll want to steer clear if you have a heavy blush hand. All three shades are exceptionally pigmented, especially for a drugstore brand, and I find I need the lightest tap of a brush to get the right amount.

But the real love affair is with the cream blush, macaroon. Ay papi, this is a beauty. All I can say is don't swatch it, because you'll scare yourself away. It is the most amazingly pigmented and, uh, creamy cream blush I've ever tried. It blends like an angel, although you'll still want to be a bit wary with the amount you put on. When swatched, it's a bit on the brash 80s side of things, but applied with a light hand and the perfect buff of a stippling blush, it gives a beautiful natural look.

I do believe this is limited edition, so if you want to get your mitts on it, I'd go soon. However, I do believe they're now stocking Sleek in Boots, hurrah!

- Iz xo

No comments:

Post a Comment