Rate It or Hate It #1: NYX Above & Beyond Concealer

Hey guys!

I apologise for neglecting the blog. *Taps self on wrist*. My summer's been super busy, and I haven't really had the time or motivation to sit down and write a blog post. But I've been trying out several new products I got whilst on holiday in Arizona in July, and thus I am venturing more into the world of USA-exclusive products... or at least really hard to find in England ones!

I have the first Rate It or Hate It post for you today. A quick rundown of my opinions on a product, as concisely as possible, so hopefully it won't be as rambly as usual.

The contender 

NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in Yellow. 




Why this caught my fancy.

Whilst perusing the Ulta store in Gilbert, I came across this unassuming little pot at the NYX stand. Whilst NYX isn't a readily-available brand in the UK, I'd heard many vloggers and bloggers talk about a few of their products so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Because of my horrific paleness, I have really dark and difficult to cover under eye circles, so I picked up the shade yellow to see if it would try and counteract that.

Pros

  • Very thick, so you need less product


Cons

  • Awkward to blend
  • Creases easily
  • Shifts around, even when powdered immediately, and ends up look flaky and horrible in the inner corners of my eyes
  • Not well pigmented, doesn't cover at all well


The Verdict?

Hate it.
Sorry NYX, I really wanted to love this, but I just can't get on with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment